What You Need to Know about Direct Cremation in Columbus, OH
Buckeye Cremation by Schoedinger is an affectionate direct cremation service provider in Columbus, OH. Since 1861, the community of Columbus has come to us for arranging heartfelt cremation services for their loved one. Our goal is to make this tough time easier for you by offering our guidance and service. Call us today for your direct cremation needs at (614) 429-5699 or visit us at 655 Metro Pl S Ste 600, Dublin, OH 43017.
When it is time to schedule end of life services, it is important to find the balance between honoring the deceased without going overboard with funeral planning. Some families don’t want to get caught in the stress and heavy responsibility of formal funeral planning, so they prefer a simplistic alternative: direct cremation in Columbus, OH.
Our team at Buckeye Cremation by Schoedinger is here to help with these quality funeral services. We understand the importance of honoring your loved one. At the same time, we want to help you manage costs and focus on the things that matter most right now: family and friends.
If you are looking for an alternative to traditional funeral services, then we invite you to contact our experienced cremation planning team for support. We promise to honor your desires by providing a simple solution to take care of end of life services.
Features of Direct Cremation in Columbus, OH
What should you expect if you choose direct cremation instead of a traditional funeral? Here are a few things that you need to know about these services:
- Immediate Cremation: Typically, direct cremation involves an immediate cremation after death, which is why you should contact our team as soon as possible. We provide everything you need, including transportation and planning services. Keep in mind that there is a mandated waiting period as well as medical examiner requirements that need to be met before the body can be cremated. Immediate cremation means that we can bring the body to our facility, without the need to take the deceased to a local funeral home. This process can save quite a bit of money by cutting out the middle services.
- Simple Container: Another way you will save money is because there is no need to purchase a fancy casket for burial. Instead, it is common to cremate the body in a simple container. We offer these basic products to give you a respectful way to say goodbye while managing your budget at the same time.
- No Viewing: Typically, a direct cremation does not include a wake, visitation, or viewing. So, you don’t need to worry about scheduling this event or coordinating body preparations, such as embalming.
- Memorial Options: Just because your loved one is cremated without scheduling a formal funeral, doesn’t mean that you will not have an opportunity to plan a memorial. Often, families choose direct cremation as a solution to gain more freedom with memorial planning. You aren’t on a limited timeframe, which means that you can hold a memorial at a later date as desired. For example, you might plan a DIY memorial or celebration of life in your backyard or at a destination where the ashes are scattered.
If you are interested in planning a direct cremation, then it is usually best to contact a provider of this service instead of working through a funeral home. This direct contact keeps the costs low and ensures that you are working with an expert in cremation services. All you need to do is call us at Buckeye Cremation by Schoedinger, and we will help with all of the details that need to be coordinated for these services.
Simple Cremation Arrangements for Your Loved One
One of the benefits of choosing Buckeye Cremation by Schoedinger is that we have simplified the cremation planning process. You can trust us if you need direct cremation in Columbus, OH. We are always a phone call away and available to answer your questions. Plus, we offer online planning options that provide an easy step-by-step process to review all of the details of this service.
We empower families in choosing cremation services that meet their needs and desires. Working with a direct cremation provider means that you won’t be pressured into unwanted funeral services. We listen to your needs and provide information to assist your decisions. Then, our team works hard to ensure that the cremation plan matches your desires every step of the way.
You can make cremation arrangements from the comfort of your home by using our convenient online portal. This tool is available for immediate services, as well as preplanning if you want to be prepared for the future.
Affordable End of Life Services
When you choose cremation, you will find that there are many affordable solutions for end of life services. We are known as one of the most affordable providers in the area, and promise that our team offers respectful services that support your budget. It feels good to know that you are honoring the memory of your loved one, while saving money at the same time.
What questions do you have about direct cremation in Columbus, OH? If you are interested in more information, then we invite you to contact our experts at Buckeye Cremation by Schoedinger. We have a local office for your convenience at 655 Metro Pl S Ste 600, Dublin, OH 43017. Call any time to learn about cremation services: (614) 429-5699
Direct Cremation FAQs
1. What to do when a loved one has died?
Here’s a look at some of the things you need to do after realizing that a loved one has passed away:
- Obtain Legal Pronouncement of Death
- Contact a Crematory
- Let Family and Close Friends Know
- Make Arrangements for the Care of Dependents and Pets
2. Why should you preplan your cremation?
Here are 5 specific reasons why it’s a good idea to preplan your cremation now rather than to postpone such a move unnecessarily:
- Spare your loved ones from the planning hassle
- Avoid emotional spending
- Lock in today’s prices
- Peace of mind
- Do it your way
3. What are the benefits of urn vault?
An urn vault is something into which you place the cremation urn prior to burying it. Here are some of the advantages of getting one:
- Might be a cemetery requirement
- Cost effective